1) Mequinensa International Film Festival accepts films with a maximum duration of 20 minutes submitted by both professional and amateur filmmakers. Water needs to be a main character in the short film or deal with WATER-RELATED issues.
2) Selection. A selection committee will decide which films will participate in the Festival at its own discretion. The committee is not obliged to justify its decision. The committee’s decision will be final.
3) Film Language. The festival has an international character so films from any country will be accepted, but films in any language other than Spanish or Catalan MUST have Spanish or Catalan subtitles to be considered for inclusion.
4) Film Length. Short films must not be longer than 20 minutes.
5) Screening format. For screening purposes, selected films must be available on digital files (H.264) or DVD.
6) Filmmakers must send a press kit with three hi-resolution potos and a poster if they are selected for screening their work.
7) You can submit your water short films via Filmfreeway , Movibeta or Clickforfestivals.
7) Organizers assume people registering works hold the rights for exhibition of the works they register in the festival, as well as authorization to receive the prize. In any case, organizers waive to the responsibility that may be derived from breach of this term.
8) Participation in the festival assumes partial sharing of the film (no complete short film, 2 minutes maximum) for promotional purposes of the festival.
9) For the award of prizes, the winner MUST be present in the awards ceremony or send a video expressing his/her gratitude for the prize.
10)Dead line. The registration term ends on 31 July, 2018. From July 31th on, no registration shall be made.
11) The organization has the right to rule on all cases not foreseen by these regulations.
12) The catalogue listing the films selected will be published on Mequinensa International Film Festival website after the 1st August 2018.